Saturday, September 20, 2008

Our Wake Up Call

I really do not like it when the phone rings before 6 a.m. ! It sends a chill down my back. Well, this morning it rang at 4:00 a.m.! Brian groggily answered it as I shot straight up! When he started talking I realized it was someone we knew and not a crank call. Therefore, my anxiety goes up even more!! Then I hear the words "twenty to thirty minutes" and "dark green 318i BMW" and I realize it is the alarm company calling about work. They wanted to know how long it will take him to get there and what he is driving.



When he arrived at the store, there was an entire "squadron" (his word) of police there and someone was in the back of one of the cars. Oops, this was not a false alarm. Someone went through the back door in the alley and started grabbing things. The police had found him before Brian arrived.



Brian finally got home sometime around 5:30 - which was after his alarm was to go off. I have a feeling he is going to be one tired person today since he has to work! And me? Well, I didn't sleep while he was gone, but I feel the couch and a nap calling me!

No comments: