Friday, September 19, 2008

News from the Lab

Well, Jacob went in for his annual "rheumatology" check-up. The doctor said that he had much better flexibility in his hips. He said his hamstrings might be a little tight, but nothing to worry about right now. The lab called today to say that his bloodwork was all within normal limits!! Yippee!! We are supposed to continue with the anti-inflammatory meds to keep the arthritis from flaring up. The doctor said that all those hours spent running, jumping, biking and swimming have really done the job in keeping his joints loose.

As usual, Jacob had a funny one-liner. The doctor told him he was going to have to give a urine sample. When I explained that meant he was going to have to pee in a cup, he said, "Better make it a big jar instead. I really gotta pee!!" I think that made the doctor's day. He was still laughing when he left the room.

Good think Jacob likes doing these things. . .


I also found out the results from Zach's EKG and chest x-ray. The EKG was normal and the x-ray did not show any fluid in the lungs and his heart was not enlarged. All good news. So, what is making him feel yucky and why does his heart race sometimes? Well, we are exploring that. But, before they will look at him here, we have to visit Peoria and get clearance from the Cardiologist. So, Monday afternoon, we will make the trip to Peoria. If I am completely honest with myself, I am a little nervous. I just don't like seeing Zach seem so run down and lethargic. So, if you shoot up a prayer for Zach, would you send one up for me as well. I would greatly appreciate it.

Lizzie has a new favorite hobby - doing my hair. The problem is that she wants to do it all the time which means I have to sit still. That is just not always possible. The other day I told her to do daddy's hair. She leaned close to me, cupped her hands around her mouth and whispered "Daddy doesn't have hair!" After I quite giggling, I told her I thought he had enough. Brian was a good sport and let her "do" his hair. I think he looks good in pink barrettes. What about you?


1 comment:

Spaghetti said...

I love the pink barrets! Brian looks sooo cute. Maybe she could do mine sometime. I will be praying for Zach and for your whole family. Thank goodness that Jacob is so active.