Monday, September 15, 2008

Father of the Year?

Anybody who knows Brian knows that he is typically a pretty serious and down to earth kind of guy. At home, though, he gets goofy and the kids love it when that happens because you never know what he is going to say or do. We still giggle about the time he did the "Charlie Brown" on the coffee table to celebrate his fixing a computer problem! Yes, ON the table!!! Yesterday was one of those whimsical days around here. Check out this conversation:

Jacob (walking out of the office with much frustration in his voice): Lizzie keeps stealing my snacks!!!!

Brian (as serious as can be without missing a beat): Punch her

Jacob (with a look of utter disbelief): In the face?

Brian (serious again): No, the gut!

Jacob (getting excited): Ok! Hey, Lizzie come here I get to punch you!!!

Brian (realizing his mistake in thinking that Jacob would pick up on the sarcasm): No. . . just joking!!

Father of the year moment? I think not! But pretty funny anyway!

Another funny:

Jacob did not like that I asked him to clean up his mess in the living room because the realtor was coming over. As we walked back to his room with his arms full of his stuff, he stated, "Ummm Mom, I'm sure he has seen messy houses before!"

Which brings me to our meeting with the realtor. We opted to keep it on the market, lower the price a little, and offer a home warranty. So, hopefully, that will get some people coming through soon.

1 comment:

Spaghetti said...

O.k.

tell Brian that boys aren't suppose to hit girls, even if it is his sister. I am so glad that he doesn't do that with me too often because I can't tell when people are teasing me.