Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunday Trip to Convenient Care

I am just not used to seeing Jacob like this in the middle of the day! It breaks my heart. He is supposed to be running around, asking questions over and over, and generally driving me batty!


When we woke up this morning, he just wasn't feeling any better. His fever was up around 104 and his breathing was starting to sound wheezy. So, Brian took the other two to Sunday School and church and Jacob and I headed to the doctor.

Sure enough, he has bronchitis, and possibly some pneumonia. They did not do an x-ray to verify the pneumonia but since his temp has been so high, they decided to treat with antibiotics anyway.

They also put him on three nebulizer treatments a day. I was a little worried - when Zach took neb treatments with albuterol, he was bouncing off the walls. It made him so very hyper. I wasn't sure I could handle Jacob any more energetic than he already is. Well, we are lucky, it doesn't same to have that same side effect on Jake. But, he does have one of the common side effects - immediate vomiting! Oh yippee! Man, now I am wishing he was hyper!


Here he is taking his neb treatment. Can't you see the excitement just oozing from him? I think not!

I'll spare you any pictures of the aftermath! No, I didn't really take any!


Jacbo and I are home tomorrow and every day until his fever finally breaks.
Sub plans - ughhhh!!

No comments: