Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dawg Walk 2008


Each year our PTO sponsors a fundraiser called the Dawg Walk. Kids collect money and then we go to the local forest preserve for an afternoon of walking. This year our kindergarten through 5th graders collected almost $74,000!!!

The kids love going to walk. I was lucky because when I was walking with my morning kindergarten kids, I ran into Jacob!

Then in the afternoon, I ran into Zach's class!

After the walk, we gather in the Dawg Pound for some fun with the DJ. We did the Chicken Dance, the Hokey Pokey, the Macarena! What fun! Then, we played a game where he had to keep a ball in the air. Organized chaos at its best!

Zach's class was forming a "finish line" for the fifth graders to run through as they finished!

All in all, a fun day of celebrating. The nice thing is that I bet EVERYONE slept well that night!!

No comments: