Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Laundry

What can I say about laundry?  I jokingly call it my job security!  But seriously, it is driving me nuts!  A colleague gave me these suggestions:  

1.  Buy a different colored clothes basket for each child.  When you dry and fold the clothes, put them in the appropriate basket.  It is the child's responsibility to put away the clothes.  The basket has to be emptied in time for the next round of clean clothes to go in!

2.  Only wash what makes it to the hamper!  If they run out of clothes, they will figure it out.  Do not pick up the clothes off the floor no matter how crazy it drives you!

3.  Each time you find clean clothes in the dirty laundry because that is easier than putting them away, charge the offender a quarter.  By the way, this is one of my biggest pet peeves!!!!  Zach is a major offender in our house!

Any of you have any suggestions or wise advice about laundry?

On another note, I have had a rough few days.  My husband is a good guy and  made my day by giving me a card just because he knew I needed a pick me up.   What a guy!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I hate laundry too. I have done 3 loads today and it is still not done...not like it is ever "done!"