Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Car Conversation

This is one of the conversations that took place in our car today: 

Lizzie:  "When Zach was little and said gaa gaa goo goo, did he walk down our long driveway?"

Me:  "Yes, Lizzie."

Lizzie:  "Did I walk with him?"

Jacob:  "No, you weren't born yet.  We were both in mommy's tummy still."

Lizzie:  "Oooohhhhh, I was in mommy's tummy!  You were in daddy's."

Jacob:  "Daddy's don't have babies in their tummys.  We were both in mommy's."

**Please note that at this point, Zach and I have made eye contact and are about one more word from exploding into laughter!**

Lizzie:  "Oh. (Long drawn out pause)  So, what do daddy's have in their tummies?  Oh, I know...CATS!!!"

**At this point laughter erupts and Lizzie, knowing she has said something funny, continues to sing 'Daddies have cats in their tummies!"**

Jacob:  "No Lizzie!  (with utter disdain dripping from the words) Daddy's do NOT have anything in their tummies."

Lizzie:  "Why not?  Mommy, mommy , mommy, why not?"

Me:  "Honey, that is just the way God made us."

Lizzie:  "Oh yea, I get it.  Mommy's have babies in their tummies and daddy's don't have anything.  Not even kitty cats."

I promise this conversation really took place.  How could I even make up this stuff?  And lucky Brian was at work and missed the entire conversation.  

No comments: