Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Butterfly Kisses

Lizzie has discovered all "kinds" of kisses lately.  Her favorites are eskimo and butterfly kisses.  Well, my mom bought me an awesome CD for my birthday that has the Bob Carlisle song, Butterfly Kisses, on it.  Tonight, Lizzie and I were listening to the song in the kitchen and holding hands and dancing around.  She said, "Mommy, this is such a pretty song."  I couldn't help it, the tears started flowing.  You see, that song was also on a CD that we played to Zach over and over while he lay healing from his open heart surgery.  I can't believe how hearing that song took me back to that time.  I can picture that room perfectly in my mind.  But, the tears were not sad tears.  They were tears of joy.  Tears that said - Here I am dancing like a silly woman with my beautiful baby girl while my boys look at me like I have lost my mind!  How blessed I am!!  
So, tonight give those you love some butterfly kisses and thank God for your blessings!

No comments: