Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Traveling Paragis

I feel like we are some kind of circus act. We have been traveling, traveling, traveling and juggling suitcases lately. First, I took the kids to Indiana on Saturday to spend part of the week with Mamaw and Papaw.

Then I left at 5 Monday morning for Chicago. I attended a professional conference there. I hate driving into Chicago, but once we got out of all that traffic, I enjoyed myself and learned an incredible amount of information. Can't wait for school to start so I can apply some of that new knowledge! I got home Wednesday afternoon around the time that Brian was headed to Indiana to pick up the kids. He dropped them off at home and headed out to a meeting.

And then, this morning at 6:30, Brian and his good friend Mike set out for Virginia. They are returning the rental car and picking up the van! So, the traveling Paragis have been chasing their tails for a week now.

So, what do mommy and the kids do when daddy's out of town?

We have a "camp-out" in the office. The kids love pulling out the sleeper sofa and watching a movie while cuddling on the bed! They make quite a mess. They drag out all kinds of pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals to sleep with!


Zach had a friend spend the night and they watched the Little League World Series while playing Monopoly.


Oh yea. . .and of course everyone got to partake in his or her favorite snack!


All in all, a good time. When Brian called to say he had arrived in Virginia, he was surprised to hear the kids still up. Lizzie told him "the law is out of town!"

We miss daddy and can't wait for him to be home safely tomorrow so we can actually enjoy the weekend together!!

This is what Lizzie thinks of not having her daddy home with her tonight!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

I hope all the travel goes well!! Your indoor camp out sounds like a GREAT time!!