Monday, December 22, 2008

Mission Accomplished

I actually kept the secret, and so did my kids. Brian was genuinely surprised. After his co-worker gave him a book that I wrote (it was a Seussical type of book with pictures of us) , he called on my cell to see where I was. I then told him to check out his wallet for a gift card and that he was to go to the restaurant and pick up our dinner using that card. He was amazed that I had thought of all that and had kept it quiet! He was even more surprised when he found out the kids knew all along.

Then, yesterday brought an even BIGGER surprise. While we were all at Sunday School and Church, Santa came to visit. He usually comes to our house a little early since we leave for Indiana, but during the day? That crafty old magical soul. . .how did he ever pull that one off?

Zach was sure his daddy left Sunday School to do it, but he was teaching! And, I told him I had people who could vouch for me as well. So, we are not sure how he did that, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

Now, the kids and I are getting all packed up to head to southern Indiana. Brian will follow in a few days. He has a lot to do at work with there being such a short time between students selling their books back and then needing to buy new ones! But he will keep his eye on the radar, and try to beat any nasty weather that might be heading this way.

Christmas brings such a crazy time of the year with visiting family and making sure we get everywhere! However, this Christmas, I am going to try very hard to keep it in perspective. It is about the birth of Jesus Christ and my attitude towards this chaos should reflect that of Jesus.

No comments: