Friday, May 30, 2008

School's Out. . . School's Out. . .

Today was the last day of school. Both boys had parties and said their goodbyes. They had a great time but, like most years, I was teary eyed. I love seeing them grow and learn, but each spring I think about how they are one year closer to moving out. That makes me sad. . .then the fear sets in! I have only a few precious years with them to foster in them the tools they will need to be successful in life. So, I stop and pray that God will bless them as they grow and that God will help Brian and I to be the parents we are called to be! Then, I smile and try to enjoy the moment.

Tonight we are headed out to Olive Garden - a family favorite - to celebrate the end of the year. Then we are going to hit Barnes and Noble to pick up some summer reading.

Jacob runs the track at Sangamon one last time - in crocs of course!!

Zach has fun in the water relay!

What a difference a school year makes!


Jake and his buddy Reid on the first day of school!

Jacob and Reid on the last day of school!

Zach on his first day of 4th grade.


Zach on the last day of 4th grade - 5th grade here he comes!!!

No comments: