Saturday, December 3, 2011

Science Central

While in Fort Wayne, we like to visit Science Central.  Karen, Jacob, Lizzie and myself headed out for some lunch and a trip to science central.  This is one thing that Jacob looks forward to every trip!  To say it was eventful would be an understatement.

We stopped at lunch at Arby's.  Lizzie said she was full and couldn't finish her milk.  There were only a few swallows left so I told her to finish it.  She then told me her stomach was full and hurt.  I told her it was fine.  Little did I know. . . 

. . .that as soon as we pulled into the parking lot she would puke everywhere.  SERIOUSLY?!?!?  Immediately after vomiting EVERYWHERE, she smiled and said, "I feel better.  Can we still go in?"  Of course, we had no extra clothes.  Jacob was devastated because he thought our day was over.  I checked out the gift shop but they didn't have any pants and Lizzie could not go in dressed in Karen's old sweatshirt from the trunk of the car!

So, while trying to clean up Lizzie and the car we wondered what store would be near where I could buy a cheap pair of sweatpants and a shirt.  We were not close to much of anything other than downtown Ft. Wayne.  However, there was a Salvation Army!  So off to Salvation Army did I go and I purchased Lizzie a brand new outfit for a whopping $1.75!  It wasn't the nicest or prettiest outfit, but it covered her and that is all I cared about!

We were good to go and Jacob was ready to be off and running.
The kids and I hanging out with the Mastadon
 They had a huge train exhibit going on.
 Lizzie LOVED the echo tube.  It never failed to amaze her when she clapped in it!
 We got to pet lizards.  Yes, even Karen and I petted it.  It was one of those "I will if you will" kind of things.  I was amazed at how "velvety" his body felt.  The tail felt just as I expected - hard and spiny.

 Jacob loves to make the skeleton move by bicycling!  It is amazing to see how the human body is made and works.

 Touching a starfish
Goodbye Science Central. . . until next year.  This was definitely a trip we will never forget!


No comments: