Thursday, December 8, 2011

Not To Be Outdone By His Brother

Jacob hobbled into my classroom after school today complaining that his foot and ankle were killing him. We took off his shoe and peeled off a very wet and stinky sock.  Sure enough, that foot/ankle was very swollen.  I knew our school's PT was in the hall so I asked her to come look.  She checked it out with me and said I should probably take him in just to check it out.  Side note - She is the absolute best!!!


Just a little swollen

The doctor also thought it needed a closer look so she ordered x-rays.  Luckily, there were no fractures.  They wrapped him tightly and gave him crutches.  He is to be non-weight bearing for a day or so and then wean off the crutches.  


He thought these were cool for about two minutes

Just had to take a picture of this!  I am sure I will remember this Christmas for a long time, but just in case we start to forget, this will help hold the craziness in our memories!  


I laughed a lot tonight.  It is either laugh or cry, so I might as well laugh at this point.

No comments: