Monday, December 5, 2011

Paragi Injury Report - 2

Zach finally had his MRI today!  When we first arrived, however, I wasn't so sure it was going to happen.  The tech informed me that she was "nervous" doing this test because of his pacemaker wire even though they had surgeon approval.  

She decided to call the surgeon's office "just to make sure."  From what she said, the surgeon's nurse was none to happy to have to tell yet another person it was ok; especially after having sent the letter from Dr. Geiss himself.

The tech still felt uneasy so she talked to the radiologist who conferred with another radiologist.  Finally, it was decided that he would have the MRI.  But, they wanted me to be in the room with him so he could tell me if he started feeling hot or funny and so that I could talk to him and ask him how he felt.

I have to admit I was, and am still,  rather baffled by that request.  First of all, when I talked to him, he couldn't hear me over the machine!  Second of all, they didn't ask me to take any of my metal off (underwires, earrings, jewelry, etc).  Finally, he could hear the tech through the headphones and she could hear him.  If he needed the machine shut off, he could tell her.  I would not have had the power to do that anyway.

Oh well, if that is what it took, then so be it.  The test is over!!  And, I didn't have to talk to risk management.  My mom had me all prepared as to whom I should speak to and what to say should they refuse the test.

Breathing a huge sigh of relief that this step is done!

No comments: