Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Pokemon Party

Today we celebrated Jacob's 8th birthday with friends. He wanted just a few things - Pokemon cups and napkins, to beat the crap out of a pinata (his exact words), and to swim. So, we had all those things and he was a happy camper.

His cupcakes and homemade Pokeball cake.

Searching for Pokeballs (AKA golf balls) in the weeds.
Here he is beating that pinata like crazy!
The gang
Checking out which Pokemon cards he got.
Making a wish.
His best buddy in the neighborhood
Yum!
Reid - the deranged shark
Cole floating around.


Pokemon cups and napkins + one beating of a pinata + water = One happy 8 year old!

Today was fun. Are girl parties different than boy parties? In my family the answer is yes. Jacob didn't want a bunch of extra stuff, just laid back. The boys were hilarious. Right after Jacob blew out his candles, he tooted VERY loudly. The entire dining room erupted in laughter. I was about ready to die until I looked over at Brian and he was giggling too.

Bottom line - I love seeing my kids smile. Yesterday and today, I saw some pretty big smiles. All the work and chaos was worth it!

No comments: