Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Virtue of Patience

Ok, here is the Brian taking Jacob to the doctor story. Going to visit the pediatric rheumatologist is always a long drawn out affair. I have been there for 3 to 3 and 1/2 hours before. Anyway, I reminded Brian of this before he took Jacob on Thursday. But, I do believe he thought I was exaggerating.

So, on Thursday, Brian took Jake to the doctor. First he saw the nurse, then the doctor, then the social worker, then PT/OT evals, and then he was told the doctor would be back in to discuss follow-up and the next appointment. Brian waited about 1o - 15 minutes when he heard the doctor enter the next room and say "Sorry you had to wait so long." He immediately thought it would be FOREVER before the doc made it back to their room. So, what did Brian do?

Did he tell a nurse he needed to leave? Did he wait? Did he ask to be called with the follow-up and results? Nope, he just left! Yep, he just got up, walked out of the room, and left. Didn't say anything to anybody! Figured he had been 2 and 1/2 hours and that was enough. The worst part - he missed GOOD news (see the last post).

I have to admit that I was ready to kill him at first. I was sooo frustrated. But as time passed, we have had a good laugh about it. As a matter of fact, when I took Lizzie to the doctor later in the week, she told her daddy, "Daddy WE didn't just leave!" Couldn't help but to laugh out loud!

No comments: