Monday, March 16, 2009

Relay for Life

Friday night, a team of teachers from our school participated in the Relay for Life at our local high school.  It was a fun time of giggling, dancing, talking all while raising money and awareness for a good cause. 

Lizzie and her friend, M. They walked for the first hour or so. Well, I should probably say they RAN the first hour or so - note the rosy cheeks!

Our team's theme was "No Monkeyshining" in honor of one of our former co-workers who is battling cancer.  

Some of our team walking.  Aren't the shirts adorable?  One of the kindergarten teachers designed it!

I held out until about 4:15 and at that point, it was time for me to head home.  I was sooo tired!  The problem was that I couldn't fall asleep until almost 5:30 am.  I am WAY too old to stay up for 24 hours!!

No comments: