Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!


We have been celebrating "Read Across America" and Dr. Seuss' birthday both at home and school this week.  Jacob had green eggs and ham yesterday for lunch at school.  Last evening, we read "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish."

Then tonight, I brought home a "homework" sheet from school.  Lizzie, Jacob and I looked through our bookcases and counted how many Dr. Seuss books we have.  Then, we spent some time enjoying those books together.


Jacob reads "Cat in the Hat" to his daddy and Lizzie. He is becoming such a good reader!

Lizzie gets excited showing off the new books I gave them tonight.
I love this picture.  Jacob was being very animated in his reading!

Where was Zach?  He thinks he is too old for Dr. Seuss.  We informed him that one is NEVER to old for good old fashioned Dr. Seuss.  But we let him watch the IU game anyway!!

1 comment:

Spaghetti said...

Something must be totally wrong with me because some of my favorite books are Dr.Seuss ones. Although my favorite book of all time is "the monster at the end of the book" book. It is a sesame street golden book that my dad would read to me as a little girl. I remember it vividly. He would even try to do the voice of grover. Thanks for the memories.