Saturday, November 1, 2008

Jacobisms

Jacob is always saying things that just make us laugh. Tonight, I was reading to him about mummies. It was pretty freaky - how they took the brains out, etc. and he was hanging on every word. All of the sudden, Jacob's eyes get big and he says "WEIRD!" I asked what part he thought was weird, and he says, "Your top teeth don't move when you read. Only your bottom teeth do." Ok, so maybe he wasn't so attentive to the story as we was to my mouth!

Then, after prayers, I was cuddling with him. He was almost asleep when he rolls over and whispers, "When will I be able to climb on the walls?" Huh? I whispered back, "What are you talking about?" He said, "You know! You told the doctor that I would probably be climbing the walls. When do I get to learn how to do that?" I explained that was an expression for being energetic and I said that because I thought his neb treatments might make him energetic. He was sorely disappointed to realize that he wasn't going to get to learn how to wall climb. I am pretty sure his exact words were, "Man, that stinks!"

Gotta love and appreciate the way his mind works!

No comments: