Friday, June 29, 2012

Day Two

Day two found us enjoying the Navy Pier and then exploring the Miracle Mile and surrounding areas.  It was a hot day.  Probably one that I should not have been out in, but we had a great time, so all the tingling and pain was worth it!

Navy Pier



The Lighthouse

Lizzie and Brian enjoying the breeze and the view

Part of the Chicago Skyline from the pier



Cirque De Soleil presented the Year of the Dragon and we got a little preview.

 After much walking, we finally made it to Michigan Avenue


Lizzie with her first purchase from the American Girl Place 
 Lizzie and her new doll, McKenna


While I was busy on a detective mission (see below), Brian and the kids had a visit from the Ice Cream Man.  Lizzie thought it was awesome and she and her daddy got some ice cream.

This caravan of cars was sitting in front of the Hotel Inter-Continental right off of Michigan Avenue.  I knew it had to be somebody important.  So, I staked it out for a while, but finally had to leave because everyone else in my party was giving me grief.  That night at the hotel, I found out it was Michelle Obama!

 Jacob was one hot, tired and hungry little boy by the time we were almost done.  We visited the rock and roll McDonald's for an ice cream cone and drink. 



 

That night everyone was tired.
Lizzie, Jacob and I hit the hotel pool after we relaxed a while.  Brian and Zach went out exploring and had a father/son dinner.  A long, hot, but very memory making day!




No comments: