Saturday, June 2, 2012

8th Grade Recognition

It is official, we are parents of a high school student.  It doesn't seem possible.  Just yesterday we were standing over him in the Pediatric ICU watching his heart rate and pulse and praying that he would make it just another day.  Fourteen years later, we sat in a muggy gym watching him be "recognized" for his junior high years.  Did I cry?  Actually no!  I was too busy telling his little sister to sit still and his brother that we would be done we were done!  I did, however, have time to take a few pictures, of course!

 Zach stands to be recognized as a nominee for the American Legion Award.

Zach and his friend, Ado
 Just part of the gang

 Zach's good friend receiving his "Bulldog Spirit award.


Making fun of the girls.

Zach with friends.

Fine . . . I will take a picture with him!

Zach and his friend, M.  They have been friends since they were three!


While Junior High years are often turbulent and dramatic, I can say that Zach had a great Jr. High experience.  I am so glad he has a solid group of friends.  They are so much fun together!  Love them all!

No comments: