Monday, May 3, 2010

Flowers!!

Ok, Brian is going to kill me for telling this story, but when we first had Zach, I was so excited when Mother's Day rolled around. I was ready for a card in which Brian signed Zach's name and a little "something." That didn't occur. I tried not to act disappointed. Finally, I admitted that my feelings were hurt. Brian said that he didn't even think about it because I wasn't HIS mom. So, what I heard was that I would have to wait until Zach was old enough to do it himself. I was crushed. But, over the years (thanks to the advice and leadership of some very wise men), Brian has changed his tune. He has been very good about it for several years now.

But this year, he REALLY surprised me. Last Friday when I got home, he surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers as an "early" Mother's Day present. And there are other things in the works, as there has been a lot of whispering and some mysterious boxes have appeared from the FedEx guy which I am forbidden to open.

While this is a day to celebrate Moms and all they do for us, I have to say that my husband and kids make it easy to be a mom. So, I am going to try to celebrate them this week as well.

One of the flowers from the bunch.
My "early" Mother's Day flowers.
Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!

No comments: