Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Weathering the Storm

Well, this past week can be described as a storm of sorts.  I will try to quickly update you and not bore you with the details.

Zach finally started feeling better on Thursday afternoon.  At about that same time, I got ill at school with either food poisoning or the stomach flu and passed out.  Yep, right there in the hallway at our first and second grade building!  It was indeed one of my finer teaching moments!!!!

Brian took me to the doctor on Friday for a shot to help with the nausea and I slept through most of the weekend - including Mother's Day.  I started to feel well just in time to head to work on Monday.  However, my pink eye still wasn't clearing up so I headed off to the opthamologist.

Sure enough, I have a little more than just your good old fashioned pink eye.  I have some kind of bacterial infection in my eye so I am hopeful that these new drops will heal me quickly!  Any body who knows me at all knows that I HATE wearing my glasses out in public!!!

We determined today at school that if the return of my sarcasm is any indication, then I am on the mend!!

Last night, Zach FINALLY got to play baseball.  Since he was so sick last week, this was his first game.  He enjoyed himself even though the team got handed their first loss.


Zach enjoys catching.
My skinny little man hanging out on deck.
He said his legs hurt this morning.  Bet they did.  He spent a lot of time in this position!

No comments: