Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Medical Updates

My spinal fluid from the lumbar puncture (which by the way was worse than childbirth!) came back abnormal. There are proteins in my spinal fluid which are not in my blood. So, we will do another MRI of my brain so that we can compare the two films. What does this all mean? It could be anything from inflammation due to a virus to MS.

Throughout all this, I developed panic attacks. Thanks to some wonderful legally prescribed meds, I am handling these attacks much better. However, at times, my arm tightens and I lose control of it. I had an EEG and these are NOT seizures. Rather the doc believes they are still the results of some subconscious panic. Not quite sure I agree with him, and may seek a second opinion after this is all done. In the meantime, I am learning to relax.

I am going back to school full time tomorrow and I am praying that I have the stamina to do so. Won't know unless I try, huh?

No comments: