Saturday, April 13, 2013

5th Grade Field Trip to Springfield

I was chosen to travel to Springfield, Illinois with Jacob's class as a chaperone for his field trip.  It was an INCREDIBLE day.  I had a great group of fun loving and silly, yet respectful, boys.  The places we visited were all age appropriate and full of history.  One of my favorite parts, however, was getting to spend it with Jacob!  We both had a great day and Jacob declared at dinner that evening, "I feel like I KNOW President Lincoln personally now!"  


A few original items in the kitchen of Lincoln's home in Springfield.


The dome of the State House


 Jacob trying to figure out if that is real hair on the wax figures at the Lincoln Museum

 Lincoln's Tomb


 Lincoln's Tomb

 Jacob rubs Lincoln's nose for good luck.

No comments: