Sunday, December 2, 2012

Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas


We collect Christmas ornaments.  It is crazy how many we have.  But as I have said before, they all have meaning to us.  We have a little of everything - homemade, Hallmark, antique, etc.  It takes us quite some time to get all the ornaments on, but it is like a party every year as we unwrap the ornaments and talk about where they came from and what they mean.  Our tree might not be perfect.  Might not be professionally styled.  It may be packed with ornaments.  But it is just the way we like it!

Lizzie hanging ornaments

 Jake gets in on the decorating

Brian and I got this ornament on our honeymoon TWENTY years ago this month!

Brian's mom makes us ornaments every year.  This is one of her cross stitched ornaments.

 One of my favorites that my grandma handpainted.


Another one of my favorites from my grandma

 Just one of the fun Hallmark ornaments we have.  Brian collects Santas and we love hot chocolate at this house so this one is just perfect!

 Our very full and complete tree.


And our stockings are hung.  The picture above the mantle was painted by my grandma.  The cross stitched stockings were all made by Brian's mom.   

Love Christmas because we celebrate the birth of Christ.  Also love it because it brings back such fond memories as we decorate.  

No comments: