Friday, October 26, 2012

Lizzie's Eyes

In first grade, Lizzie failed her vision screening at school.  Her exam with the optometrist showed that she was slightly nearsighted but probably not enough so for  corrective lenses.  We left with the understanding that eventually she would need glasses.  However, she has never complained of not being able to see, so we plugged along.

This year, Lizzie greets me after school with "Well I failed that vision screening AGAIN!"  After laughing about her frustration and dramatic flair, I made her an eye appointment.  Sure enough, her nearsightedness has worsened.  It is now at the point where she did need corrective lenses.   


I know I am partial, but I think my little girl looks pretty darn cute in her new glasses!  

Now, I just have to convince her that they are for a purpose and not just "fun" glasses that she would buy at Justice or Claire's.  I caught her this afternoon with her glasses on top of her head holding back her hair.  She did look cute, but that is not quite why I wrote that big check today!  :)


No comments: