Monday, October 29, 2012

Jack-o-Lanterns 2012

We carved our Jack-O-Lanterns last weekend.  While everyone was pleased with the final product, the "getting there" was hard.  Did you know that pumpkin "guts" are slimy?  Apparently Lizzie had forgotten that nugget of truth since last year!   


Brian rocks!  Master carver at work!




 "That looks GROSS!  I have to touch it?"


                     "SICK!!!"                             "Get over it, Lizzie!"

Jacob and Brian with the football pumpkin.

Lizzie and Brian with the smiley face.


Zach wasn't home but we painted a pumpkin in his honor.  His favorite phrase is "No me gusta."  It means, "I don't like this" in Spanish.  He says it ALL the time.  Often, he truly means it.  "Zach, empty the dishwasher please."  Shaking his head, he mutters, "No me gusta."  But he also uses it just to be silly.  "Zach we are having steak for dinner tonight."  Giving a smirk with a twinkle in his eye, "No me gusta!"  

When he returned home and saw his pumpkin he laughed.  He liked it!  We decided the pumpkins were saying "No me gusta" about being carved!


The final products.

They were so excited at how well they turned out.

No comments: