Monday, July 9, 2012

July 4th, 2012

We traveled to Manistee, Michigan over the 4th of July to camp with my mom, Jim, nieces and nephew.  We arrived on Wednesday.  After being in the car for 5 and 1/2 hours, and kids were excited to see their cousins, Mamaw and Papaw.

I will just say right now that by camping I mean:  In an RV with air conditioning, TV, full kitchen, etc! I am, by no means, a roughing it type of camper!

The kids headed to the boat launch to skip rocks and play.

 This is the best shot I could get of all six of them!  

 Love to wrestle!

Zach gets his first Big Red of the trip from Papaw.
 Katie and Brycen spent the night with us on Wednesday.   They were so excited.  We had a pretty nasty storm and lost electricity.  Jacob wasn't quite asleep and was sure it was hailing and came to our room.  I finally got him settled and dozed off.   Katie is terrified of thunder and as the storm rolled out and she was still asleep, I thought we were in the clear.  However, I was soon awakened by a piercing scream of "I want my Mamaw!"  So, I stuck her in the van (I thought that might be less traumatic than walking through the rain and lightening) and drove to mom's campsite.  Just as I opened the door to run her in, there was one last huge bolt of lightening and clap of thunder.  Katie's scream could be heard for miles, I am sure!  Poor girl!!

The girls in their "tent."

Filthy after 20 minutes = a good time.

After wrestling and running around, both Sadie and Jacob were ready for bed.

Zach helped Brycen settle down and fall asleep.

Mom and the kids (minus Zach).  I am pretty sure Zach had gone on a walk to avoid the chaos at this point!


Highlights of day one:

Arriving safely
Big Red
Seeing everyone
Wrestling
Big storm
Sleepovers with cousins
Skipping Rocks
The beautiful scenery

No comments: