Saturday, November 21, 2009

Reading to Kindergarten Students


Zach's language arts class had the assignment of writing and illustrating a children's book. Zach chose to write about his dog, Sadie. He took all the things Sadie has done throughout the last 8 months and said they happened the first day. "The first day I had my dog, she ate my sister's Barbie. The first day I had my dog, she chased the cat." You get the point. At the end of the first day and all the dog's naughty acts, the dog sleeps with Zach and he can't wait until day two. It was a cute book.

Since I work in the kindergarten building, I got to sneak down to see him reading to the kiddos. It was interesting to see him interacting with the kindergarten students. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't end up being a teacher one of these days!

Laughing at how quickly kindergarten kids can get off topic.
Asking the kids questions to get them interested about the topic.
Actually reading his book to the students.


No comments: