Monday, September 28, 2009

Latest Neuro Update

Well, at my last appointment, the good ol' Doc said that I looked the best I had looked neurologically all summer. That was a good thing to hear. He also said that we are not looking at MS alone as a cause. That was good too. Then he said it was time to diagnose me. I leaned to the edge of the seat just as he said, (and I quote) "I don't know."

So, he said he would be more comfortable making a diagnosis after I get a second opinion. He referred me to Northwestern where I will be seeing Dr. Bruce Cohen. He is a BIG WIG there. " He is director of the Northwestern Comprehensive MS program in the Department of Neurology. And chair of the Multiple Sclerosis section for the American Academy of Neurology, and the current chair of the clinical care committee of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society." That is a direct quote from Northwestern's website.

Getting in to see Dr. Cohen is extremely hard. He only sees new patients on Mondays and he was booking months out. I am praising God that there just happened to be a cancellation on October 19th. So, we snatched it up and are heading to Chicago!

I feel like I am in excellent hands, and quite frankly am ready to find out what is going on.

No comments: