Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jump Rope For Heart


The boys both had Jump Rope for Heart at their schools today.  So, I took a personal day so I could go hang out and watch.  It was fun to watch.  There are definite differences between first and fifth graders and their coordination in jumping rope!

Zach collected $570 for his school.  He won an award for being top on-line collector and won a ride in a limo for pizza and an afternoon of fun.
Lizzie liked watching and hanging out with Zach.
Jumping, jumping, jumping in honor of his Grandma Wellman, his surgeon and his cardiologist
Tired, tired, tired.
Now for the old fashioned ropes and some jumping.
Lizzie hung out with Jacob at his school too!
She loved jumping on the trampolines.
Yummy snacks for Jacob.
This is easier for Jacob than jumping rope!  He jumped in honor of Grandma Wellman and his brother, Zach!
Hula hoopin'!  Wii fit has helped prepare him for this!
Ok, so Jacob collected $520 and is the top collector in his school.  So, he gets to ride in the limo too!  Jacob is excited.  Zach is not excited to have to share that day with his little brother! I am sure it will all be ok.

Watching the kids participate in Jump Rope for Heart always puts a lump in my throat.  It reminds me of Zach and his surgery.  But, I do not dwell there like I used to.  How could I?  Look at the health and excitement on my kid's faces!  What a fun day.

No comments: