Saturday, November 10, 2012

November: The Month of Thanksgiving

I have jumped on the Facebook bandwagon of stating one thing each day throughout the month of November for which I am thankful.

After reading One Thousand Gifts and contemplating what I am thankful for,  I realized that I am guilty of really focusing on thankfulness during this time of year.  Sure,  I am thankful for things and express  thanks to people at other times of the year.  But to really think deeply about what I am thankful for each day?  Nope.  I take way too much for granted.

That is a pretty sobering thought.  I cringe even writing those words.  After this realization, I am challenging myself to make a list over the next year of things I am truly thankful for.  My goal is to have at least one thing per day.  However, I do not want this to become a thing I HAVE to do.  Rather, I want it to be something that I do as a remembrance of all that I am blessed with.

If you want to join me in this challenge, I would love to have you along for the ride.  I will be posting about my journey at www.yearlythanksgiving.blogspot.com.



No comments: