Sunday, October 2, 2011

As I was walking today, I noticed this dandelion and almost kicked it to see the "white clouds" fly off. But then I stopped and thought for just a second. A lot of people look at a dandelion and see a weed as I usually do. But when I looked at it this time, I noticed something - its beautiful patterns and the way it is put together. Noticing those patterns really made my head spin.

Are we a little like this? Do we look at certain people and write them off as "weeds" in society? Do we make judgements based on what someone looks like, where they live, what they wear, what we have heard about them, etc? But, more importantly, do we stop to really see that person as an individual? Stop and look at them? Get to know them? Look for the beautiful patterns that are intwined in their being?

It is my belief that too often we spend time judging and avoiding life's "weeds" and need to spend more time talking and forming relationships with them. Spend more time looking for the beauty in others. It is there.

No comments: